Hi all,

I've been looking at how a Kafka cluster could be used be deployed so that it
can be used by multiple tenants.  Specifically: a scheme where the clients
belonging to each tenant receive the impression they are operating against
their own cluster.  The ongoing security and quota work looks like it might
provide a lot of the isolation requirements, but each tenant would currently
share the same namespace for topics and consumer groups.  So the illusion of
"it is my own cluster" is broken as soon as two tenants try independent to use
the same topic name.

I wondered if other people on this list are interested in being able to support
multiple tenants in this way?  And / or if the ability to avoid clashes in the
topic namespace would be useful?  I am considering submitting a KIP in this
area - but first wanted to get a feeling for whether these kinds of
capabilities are of interest to others.

Thanks in advance,
- Adrian

Unless stated otherwise above: