Hi Grant,

On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 5:28 PM, Grant Henke <ghe...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> I am not sure what the best practice is. Since it is checked in as part of
> the project, I considered it effectively part of its source. I suspect the
> method for collecting and taring the source files excluded it by accident
> (perhaps by many of these projects) and is something that could be fixed.

It's not uncommon for VCS-related files like .gitignore to be excluded from
source artifacts, so I am not sure it was done by accident. The reasoning
is that there is no value in having them outside of the source repository.
If you think there is some value in having it as part of the source
distribution, then I suggest you file a JIRA with the reasoning.

Ismael