Hey Gwen,

Migration plan wasn't really discussed a ton in the previous threads. So it
will be great to dive deep and see if there are gaps there. I had some
questions, but the details listed on the KIP are great.

It is complex, though the plan outlined in the wiki assumes a zero downtime
upgrade assuming that producers and consumers can't be upgraded in tandem.
This is typical for companies that have a significant Kafka footprint, like
LinkedIn.

Thanks,
Neha

On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 7:48 PM, Gwen Shapira <g...@confluent.io> wrote:

> Hi Anna,
>
> Thanks for the KIP, especially for the details on all the alternatives and
> how we arrived at the proposal. Its really great!
>
> Can you point me at where the migration plan was discussed? It looks overly
> complex and I have a bunch of questions, but if there was a discussion, I'd
> like to read up rather than repeating it :)
>
> Gwen
>
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2015 at 12:34 PM, Anna Povzner <a...@confluent.io> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I am opening the voting thread for KIP-32: Add CreateTime and
> > LogAppendTime to Kafka message.
> >
> > For reference, here's the KIP wiki:
> >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-32+-+Add+CreateTime+and+LogAppendTime+to+Kafka+message
> >
> > And the mailing list threads: