Hi Anna,

Thanks for initiating the voting process. I did not start the voting process
because there were still some ongoing discussion with Jun about the timestamp
regarding compressed messages. That is why the wiki page hasn't  reflected the
latest conversation as Guozhang pointed out.

Like Neha said I think we have reached general agreement on this KIP. So it is
probably fine to start the KIP voting. At least we draw more attention to the
KIP even if there are some new discussion to bring up.

Regarding the upgrade plan, given we decided to implement KIP-31 and KIP-32 in
the same patch to avoid change binary protocol twice, the upgrade plan was
mostly discussed on the discussion thread of KIP-31.

Since the voting has been initiated, I will update the wiki with latest
conversation to avoid further confusion.

BTW, I actually have started coding work on KIP-31 and KIP-32 and will focus on
the patch before I return from vacation in mid Jan because I have no LInkedIn
VPN access in China anyway...

Thanks,

Jiangjie