I'm also getting test failures. Here are tests that failed for me and the jiras
I could find reporting the corresponding issue:

org.apache.kafka.common.network.SslTransportLayerTest >
testInvalidEndpointIdentification - KAFKA-2850
kafka.api.QuotasTest > testThrottledProducerConsumer - KAFKA-2444
kafka.api.SslProducerSendTest > testCloseWithZeroTimeoutFromCallerThread -
KAFKA-2363
kafka.api.PlaintextConsumerTest > testMultiConsumerDefaultAssignment -
KAFKA-2933
kafka.network.SocketServerTest > tooBigRequestIsRejected - KAFKA-2398

Digests and signature also match for me and it builds if I don't run tests.

-Flavio