Thanks Jay, added that to the KIP.

Besides reviewing the KIP as a whole, I wanted to know about what everyone
thinks about what data should be dealt at the Transformer level. Transform the
whole Collection of Records (giving the flexibility of modifying messages
across the set) OR
Transform messages one at a time, iteratively. This will restrict modifications
across messages.

I’ll get a working sample ready soon, to have a look. There were some comments
about Transformer usage that pointed to the first approach, which I prefer too
given the flexibility.