I'm also

1. no  (ordered keys)
2. yes (propose key space)

1. I don't think there is going to be much savings in ordering the keys.
I'm assuming some parsing will happen either way. Ordering the keys would
be useful if we were doing linear search on the headers, and even then, the
performance difference would be small for any reasonable number of headers
(even anything that fits in 1 meg).

However, I think that it's likely that whoever is looking at the headers is
going to want to search for plugins for any header in existence, as such,
it's going to have to iterate over the whole header set. So, for every
header, look up the plugin, not the other way around.  Even if we did it
the other way around (for every plugin, search if there is a header
present) we would expect only to have an algorithm that is O(n) and only
iterate once over the list. We wouldn't need to iterate more than once.

Given this, the code overhead of ordering the headers when something is
inserted and such is a bigger pain than dealing with a potentially
unordered list.

2. I like structure and to reduce the play space for potential keys.  This
will allow us to do filter and know when we're testing. At the same time,
we're reserving a lot of space for future usages. However, if there is no
agreement on this I don't think it would be a blocker.  I just want to make
sure we have some order and if possible contiguous ranges for similar
usages.

Nacho

--
Nacho (Ignacio) Solis