Hi, Jason,

100. Yes, AppId level security is mainly for protecting the shared
transaction log. We could also include AppId in produce request (not in
message format) so that we could protect writes at the AppId level. I agree
that we need to support prefix matching on AppId for applications like
stream to use this conveniently.

A couple of other comments.

122. Earlier, Becket asked for the use case of knowing the number of
messages in a message set. One potential use case is KAFKA-4293. Currently,
since we don't know the number of messages in a compressed set, to finish
the iteration, we rely on catching EOF in the decompressor, which adds a
bit overhead in the consumer.

123. I am wondering if the coordinator needs to add a "BEGIN transaction
message" on a BeginTxnRequest
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/11Jqy_GjUGtdXJK94XGsEIK7CP1SnQGdp2eF0wSw9ra8/edit#heading=h.lbrw4crdnl5>.
Could we just wait until an AddPartitionsToTxnRequest
<https://docs.google.com/document/d/11Jqy_GjUGtdXJK94XGsEIK7CP1SnQGdp2eF0wSw9ra8/edit#heading=h.r6klddrx9ibz>
?

Thanks,

Jun