> 114.The section on Discussion on Pro-active Transaction Timeout: "If there
> is no other instance with the same PID yet, or it has not started a
> transaction, or it has not appended a message to some of the partitions,
> then the zombie can continue appending messages to those partitions after
> the abort marker whose epoch has not been incremented yet, but its
> commitTxn call will fail.”

Is that correct, in earlier discussion, it seems that if a transaction is
> timed out by the coordinator, the coordinator will bump up epoch and write
> the abort marker to those inserted partitions.

You are correct. The zombie producer will not be able to write to any
partitions after the abort because the epoch on each broker would have been
bumped by the abort message, causing the zombie to be fenced of totally.
Will correct the doc.

Thanks,
Apurva