Hey Jun,

Yeah you are right. I thought it wasn't because at LinkedIn it will be too
much pressure on inGraph to expose those per-clientId metrics so we ended
up printing them periodically to local log. Never mind if it is not a
general problem.

Hey Rajini,

- I agree with Jay that we probably don't want to add a new field for every
quota ProduceResponse or FetchResponse. Is there any use-case for having
separate throttle-time fields for byte-rate-quota and io-thread-unit-quota?
You probably need to document this as interface change if you plan to add
new field in any request.

- I don't think IOThread belongs to quotaType. The existing quota types
(i.e. Produce/Fetch/LeaderReplication/FollowerReplication) identify the
type of request that are throttled, not the quota mechanism that is applied.

- If a request is throttled due to this io-thread-unit-based quota, is the
existing queue-size metric in ClientQuotaManager incremented?

- In the interest of providing guide line for admin to decide
io-thread-unit-based quota and for user to understand its impact on their
traffic, would it be useful to have a metric that shows the overall
byte-rate per io-thread-unit? Can we also show this a per-clientId metric?

Thanks,
Dong