Hey Jay,

I understand your concern, and for sure, we will need to keep the
current constructors deprecated for a long time (ie, many years).

But if we don't make the move, we will not be able to improve. And I
think warnings about using deprecated APIs is an acceptable price to
pay. And the API improvements will help new people who adopt Kafka to
get started more easily.

Otherwise Kafka might end up as many other enterprise software with a
lots of old stuff that is kept forever because nobody has the guts to
improve/change it.

Of course, we can still improve the docs of the deprecated constructors,
too.

Just my two cents.

-Matthias