Hi, all.

I've been working on KAFKA-4667 to change the distributed worker of Kafka
Connect to look for the topics used to store connector and task
configurations, offsets, and status, and if those tasks do not exist to
create them using the new AdminClient. To make this as useful as possible
and to minimize the need to still manually create the topics, I propose
adding several new distributed worker configurations to specify the
partitions and replication factor for these topics, and have outlined them
in "KIP-154 Add Kafka Connect configuration properties for creating
internal topics".

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/KIP-154+Add+Kafka+Connect+configuration+properties+for+creating+internal+topics

Please take a look and provide feedback. Thanks!

Best regards,

Randall