Hi James,

Yes, we will have a place where we perform validation independently of the
policy. This will be quite basic in the initial version, but we can improve
it over time. We will be able to do better than `ConfigCommand` because we
will have access to the broker topic configs. Without access to the broker
topic configs, not much could be validated by `ConfigCommand` (see
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/KAFKA-4788, for example).

Ismael