From: isma...@gmail.com <isma...@gmail.com> on behalf of Ismael Juma
<ism...@juma.me.uk>
Sent: Friday, November 10, 2017 12:33 PM
To: dev@kafka.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] KIP-204 : adding records deletion operation to the new
Admin Client API

Hi Paolo,

The KIP looks good, I have a couple of comments:

1. partitionsAndOffsets could perhaps be `recordsToDelete`.
2. It seems a bit inconsistent that the argument is `RecordsToDelete`, but
the result is just a `Long`. Should the result be `DeleteRecords` or
something like that? It could then have a field logStartOffset or
lowWatermark instead of having to document it via a comment only.

Ismael