I have been thinking about this a bit more yesterday while updating the
code. I think you are right, we should use only the prefixed values if at
least one of them exists. Even I got quite easily confused what setup is
actually used when the fields are mixed :-). Randall was also in favour of
this approach. So I think we should go this way. I will update the KIP
accordingly.