Hi Randall,

Thanks a lot for your feedback.

I will update the KIP to reflect your comments in (1), (2), (7) and (8).

For comment # (3) , while it would be great to automatically configure the
Rest Extensions, I would prefer that to be specified explicitly. Lets
assume a connector archive includes a implementation for the RestExtension
to do authentication using some header. We don't want this to be
automatically included. Having said that I think that the config key name
should probably be changed to something like "rest.extension" or
"rest.extension.class".

For the comment regarding the resource loading into jersey, I have the
following proposal

Create an implementation of Configurable(
https://docs.oracle.com/javaee/7/api/javax/ws/rs/core/Configurable.html)
that delegates to ResourceConfig. In the ConnectRestExtension, we would
expose only Configurable which is sufficient enough to register new
resources. In the new implementation, we will check if the resource is
already registered using ResourceConfig.isRegistered() method and log a
warning if the resource is already registered. This will make it a
deterministic behavior and avoid any potential re-registrations. Let me
know your thoughts on these.

Thanks
Magesh