Hi again, Chia-Ping,

Thanks! I took a look at it, and it seems like a good change to me.

I don't know if it will generate much discussion, so I recommend just
letting it steep for another day or two and then moving on to a vote if no
one else chimes in.

Just really scraping my mind for concerns to investigate... This change
won't break source compatibility, but will it affect binary compatibility?
For example, if I compile my application against Kafka 2.0, for example,
and then swap in the Kafka jar containing your change on my classpath at
run time, will it still work?

I think it should be binary compatible, assuming Oracle didn't do anything
crazy, since all the method references would be the same. It might we worth
an experiment, though.

Thanks,
-John