hi John

> Just really scraping my mind for concerns to investigate... This change
> won't break source compatibility, but will it affect binary compatibility?
> For example, if I compile my application against Kafka 2.0, for example,
> and then swap in the Kafka jar containing your change on my classpath at
> run time, will it still work?
> I think it should be binary compatible, assuming Oracle didn't do anything
> crazy, since all the method references would be the same. It might we worth
> an experiment, though.

The side effect of this change is IncompatibleClassChangeError caused by the
conflict of multi default implementations (see
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/specs/jls/se8/html/jls-13.html#jls-13.5.6). But
the change won't introduce the such error since there is no default impl before.

I will start the Vote at 7/6.

Cheers,
chia-ping