Sorry for the double email. I've compiled the fixes made by the other PR
and it fixes the Windows problem: https://github.com/apache/kafka/pull/5603

It triggers a few errors in the unit tests, which is probably due to the
order changes of which files are deleted. Let's continue the discussion
there?