Hi Eno,

Thanks for the question. Basically KAFKA-5561 aims for a bigger task: not
to add functionality to the existing TopicCommand but rewrite it in the
tools module in Java. KIP-375 only aims for extending the existing
TopicCommand's capability, so it is a smaller and backward compatible step
in the direction of having the tools communicating via the Kafka protocol.
Other commands, such as ConfigCommand (partly), ConsumerGroupCommand,
LogDirsCommand, DelegationTokenCommand also moved this direction, so I
think it makes sense to do it for TopicCommand as well.

Cheers,
Viktor