Hi all,

I would like to propose a release plan (with me being release manager)
for the next time-based feature release 2.2.0 in February.

The recent Kafka release history can be found at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Future+release+plan.
The release plan (with open issues and planned KIPs) for 2.2.0 can be
found at
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=100827512.

Here are the suggested dates for Apache Kafka 2.2.0 release:

1) KIP Freeze: Jan 24, 2019.

A KIP must be accepted by this date in order to be considered for this
release)

2) Feature Freeze: Jan 31, 2019

Major features merged & working on stabilization, minor features have
PR, release branch cut; anything not in this state will be automatically
moved to the next release in JIRA.

3) Code Freeze: Feb 14, 2019

The KIP and feature freeze date is about 2-3 weeks from now. Please plan
accordingly for the features you want push into Apache Kafka 2.2.0 release.

4) Release Date: Feb 28, 2019 (tentative)

-Matthias