Geronimo needs some "special purpose" "little" servers related to the main one,
for instance to run javaee app clients.  I'm thinking of implementing this as a
karaf child instance.  I'm going to make a kar to install it (i.e. all the etc/
and such resource files will be in a kar under resources/instances/client/etc).

At the moment I'm thinking of just reusing most of the files from the main
server and hand-editing them, but maybe it would be possible to combine things
so that the server-assembly mojos generate something into the instances/<foo>
directory and then the kar packaging step packs stuff into a kar.

I don't yet know if this makes sense... it would result in it being easy to
make installable child instances with properties defined in the pom.  Putting
the idea out in case I forget about it :-)

thanks
david jencks