I agree that 2.3.x should be bug fix releases. However Spring 3.1 inclusion
isn't intended to fix a bug, merely because Spring 3.0  in Karaf 2.3.0 was
an oversight, and that replacing it with Spring 3.1 will do little harm, if
any.

Is 2.4 line actually necessary (how much farther can we push old Felix and
Servlet 2.5?), or it's just because of Spring...

If so, then I think it's better to direct development to Karaf 3.0 full
throttle, while 2.3 is the last maintenance/stable line.

Hendy

--
Hendy Irawan - on Twitter <http://twitter.com/hendybippo> - on
LinkedIn<http://id.linkedin.com/in/hendyirawan>