It depends what you name "minor" releases.

If, by minor releases, we stand for 2.4, 2.5, 2.6, etc, I'm agree.
If, by minor releases, we stand for "micro releases" 2.2.10, 2.2.11, etc, I disagree.

AFAIR, we decided to maintain:
- the current stable release (2.3.0)
- the previous stable branch release (2.2.10)

If we release 3.0.0, we will maintain "only" 3.0.0 and 2.3.0.
If we release 2.4.0 (and not yet 3.0.0), we will maintain "only" 2.4.0 and 2.3.0.

Regards
JB

Basically I agree but the question is what time we should aim for
between releases.

A too short time period floods with releases that we all have to support
for some time.
A too long period makes people wait too long for features.

I propose to have about 3 months between minor releases.  So if we
support each release for a year we have about 4 releases to support in
parallel.

What do you think is a good period and support time?

Christian