I don't think that Geronimo is the place to host it. Geronimo is like TomEE
a JEE server where "modules" which are not bundles are deployed. So even if
they use Karaf, they don't work with Karaf like we do with ServiceMix, ...
and the Web OpenEJB, OpenJPA or OpenWebbeans Containers are not deployed as
bundles or features and don't use OSGI Services (OSGI HTTP Service, ...).
So Geronimo will not really help us to drive EE features of Karaf.

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 4:08 PM, Christian Schneider <
ch...@die-schneider.net> wrote:

> I also think a geronimo subproject makes most sense. On the other hand as
> long as geronimo is not ready I am also positive
> to host Karaf EE as a Karaf subproject.
>
> Christian
>
> Am 16.05.2013 12:18, schrieb James Strachan:
>
>  Isn't Geronimo based on Karaf now? If so isn't that a better place to
>> unify Karaf & EE? I'm all for diversity and competing implementations;
>> I just don't grok how KarafEE would differ from Geronimo; is there
>> something KarafEE would do differently to Geronimo from a Karaf
>> perspective?
>>

> --
>  Christian Schneider
> http://www.liquid-reality.de