I get your point.

The purpose of subshell is to avoid a huge number of commands, especially when you type <TAB>.

Imagine when you add Camel, CXF, and other projects in Karaf: it's not easy with the bunch of commands displayed.

In any case, if you know the commands, you can still use actual command (like bundle:start, bundle:stop), no need to go into the subshell.

However, it's fair enough to start a discussion:

[1] I prefer to use subshell with completion on subshell
[2] I prefer to use subshell with global complete for all commands

Let see what the other users prefer.

Regards
JB