I have the code for KARAF-2455 (Role-based security for OSGi Services)
and KARAF-2442 (Role-based security for Shell/Console commands) pretty
much ready and was planning to submit pull requests for it tomorrow.

I don't know, it might be worth including this in 3.0.0 as it
complements the JMX role-based access nicely...

If people think it's not necessary, that's fine too. I'm fine either way...

Cheers,

David