I'm trying to figure out why my pax exam tests are failing on
openjdk-11, and am trying to trace the difference between regular karaf
startup on openjdk-11 (karaf starts and runs fine on openjdk-11) and pax
exam karaf startup on openjdk-11 (which fails for me).

I was trying to figure out what framework is used to boot karaf, and
couldn't see anything in karaf.log.

So I looked in the boot directory of karaf, but that only contains
org.osgi.core-6.0.0.jar.

What's the relationship between org.osgi.core-6.0.0.jar and the felix
and/or equinox framework?

Is org.osgi.core-6.0.0.jar a version of the felix framework?

Or does org.osgi.core-6.0.0.jar only contain interfaces used by all OSGi
6 frameworks?  (but if so: where does karaf find the framework it should
use to boot)

Could the pax exam fix be to exclude the equinox and felix frameworks
pulled into the classpath by transitive dependencies on the karaf JDBC
feature?

And/or should I add org.osgi.core-6.0.0.jar as a dependency to the pax
exam test, to pull it into the classpath?

Thanks!

- Steinar