Hi

Leader/follower - I know this from Zookeeper world, but "follower" is far
from being "passive" - it actively receives synchronization
events/objects/notifications and tries hard not to stay behind.
Definitely not related to a Karaf container waiting for a lock (unless the
discussion already moved to something different ;)

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek