On Thu, 2018-09-13 at 16:45 +0200, Daniel Gruno wrote:
> On 09/13/2018 04:42 PM, Daniel Gruno wrote:
> > On 09/13/2018 04:38 PM, Robert Munteanu wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am trying to simplify my job of keeping the list of sources up-
> > > to-
> > > date for the Kibble demo instance. Basically we add git
> > > repositories
> > > periodically and I want to add them to Kibble as well.
> > >
> > > I was thinking of using the Kibble API to retrieve the list of
> > > sources
> > > and checking which of our repositories are not there, so I can
> > > easily
> > > paste them in Kibble.
> >
> > It's a bit convoluted at the moment, apologies.
> > First, you have to obtain a session cookie by logging in;
> > https://demo.kibble.apache.org/apidoc.html#put-api-session
> > when you have that cookie, pass it to the API end point you wish to
> > use,
> > and it should work just fine.
> >
> > I'll be working later next week on API tokens for use here, it's
> > one of
> > the things that are still missing.
> >
> > With regards,
> > Daniel.
> >

> I should add one important/easy thing here:
>
> If you want to keep the list of sources up to date with e.g. github,
> you
> can just PUT a request with all the sources you have, and it will
> both
> update existing ones and add the ones it doesn't have, there are
> checks
> against adding duplicates, so only sources that aren't in the DB
> would
> get added even if you post old sources to the API.

That is nice! Since I'm having some issues with the API (see earlier
emails) I used the web form to paste in all Sling repos again. It seems
to have worked - the repos are added (though I see not yet processed )
and the old date is still there.

One things which threw me off a bit is that even existing repositories
now have a status of "Source hasn't been processed yet..." . That looks
mostly cosmetic though since the old data is still there.

Thanks,

Robert