Thanks for the replies!

> I'm not too concerned about breaking API, we _could_ make the next one a
> version 2 with a version 2 API, a clean break from version 1

My main point in preserving the compatibiliy is to be sure that the ui
will work as expected. This will also limit the scope of the changes.

> Whichever framework we pick, I would prefer if we could auto-generate the
> JSON/GraphQL API from the source.

+1 for automating as much as possible, probably I would lean to first
do the JSON as it is now and the consider adding GraphQL.

If there is no objections to merging scanners with server I will do
this as a first step. Here is a Github issue so we can manage all the
work:
https://github.com/apache/kibble/issues/64

As per the ideas - I created issues to keep it for future reference :)

Bests,
Tomek

--

Tomasz Urbaszek