Hi Tomek

Thanks for the feedback. I've included some comments inline.

On 2021/05/12 08:37:56, Tomasz Urbaszek <turbas...@apache.org> wrote:
> > 1) How far do we support Kibble-1 while the new Kibble is being developed?
>
> To be honest I think we as a project don't have enough capacity to
> both maintain old Kibble and build new. The old code is hard to read,
> not to mention to change. I tried it a few times.

Good point.

What I am trying to uncover here is about setting a common understanding and
expectation about what we will and wont do.

We need to send a consistent message to people that either uncover problems or
bugs to Kibble-1 while the new Kibble is under construction.

Do we allow people to report their issue and then use that list as a cross
check to make sure that the issue is eitherno longer relevant or has been fixed
in the new Kibble?

> > 2) What can we do we ensure that the Kibble dependency in
> > reporter.apache.org tool continues to be supported?
>
> I think once we have a new working Kibble (together with tests
> ensuring data quality) we should integrate it into reporter tool - how
> I don't know yet. Until that time we reporter should be ok with old
> Kibble.

This sounds reasonable. The reporter tool is working well as it is and we are
only getting comments around clarifications on how the metrics are calculated.

> > 3) How do we plan for the development of the new Kibble?
>
> Not sure but I would say we should just do it. Once we have some base
> on which multiple people can work then we can split the work and so
> on. There was no decision if we want to use REST or Graph QL so the
> API part is still undefined (thuse I put it out after 1 milestone in
> my proposal). But we seemed to be aligned to use Elasticsearch for
> database, so the first step is definitely to define some basic classes
> and interfaces around it.

Just doing it has always been the way :-). I don't the big picture yet and was
thinking of putting together something high level that is easy to follow so the
information is open and clear for anyone who wants to contribute. Maybe it is
as simple as creating the Github Kanban board and a Wiki page link...

> > 4) What can we do to grow Kibble usage and the community?
>
> Apart from active community we need well-structured project with
> enough documentation and developer tools to make onboarding smooth and
> easy.

Another good point and I'd be happy to spend some on the documentation.

Thanks
Sharan