Folks -

I think it is time that we begin talking about the next release for Apache
Knox.

There are quite a few fixed and outstanding jiras that would be candidates
for this release.

We will need to determine a couple things:

1. Version numbering for the release. I believe that we have a couple
options. Having added a number of new features, we will likely make it
0.5.0. It may actually be time to consider a 1.0 release though we will
have to decide on the criteria for this.  Given the discussion on this
topic we will be able to propose an appropriate version number for the
release.

2. What features and bug fixes are desired and expected by the community in
the next release. We have a couple efforts underway by contributors that
should weigh in on their status and commitment to make the next release.

3. A target branch date for the next release. Branching for the
release earlier rather than later will allow us to control which
outstanding features/bug fixes make it into the release but of course will
require multiple pushes when appropriate.

thoughts?

--larry