Hi,

The Apache Kudu team is happy to announce the second release candidate for
Apache Kudu 1.3.0.

Apache Kudu 1.3 is a minor release which adds various new features,
improvements, bug fixes, and optimizations on top of Kudu 1.2. Highlights
include significantly improved support for security, garbage collection of
historical data, and lower space consumption in default configurations.
Please see the release notes for details.

Thanks to the 25 developers who contributed code or documentation to this
release!

The is a source-only release. The artifacts were staged here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/kudu/1.3.0-RC2/

Java convenience binaries in the form of a Maven repository are staged here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachekudu-1008/
(note that the Java source did not change between RC1 and RC2 so I didn't
rebuild)

It was built from this tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=kudu.git;a=commit;h=00813f96b9cb0c9ec57a17e5c85242f7679db0e0

The release notes can be found here (some links from this document will
only work when this version is released):
*https://github.com/apache/kudu/blob/branch-1.3.x/docs/release_notes.adoc
<https://github.com/apache/kudu/blob/branch-1.3.x/docs/release_notes.adoc>*

KEYS file:
http://www.apache.org/dist/kudu/KEYS

I'd suggest going through the README, building Kudu, and running the
unit tests. Testing out the Maven repo would also be appreciated.

The vote will run until Thursday, 3/16 at 10AM PDT.

Thanks,
Todd

--
Todd Lipcon