+1

- built release binaries on 16.04 using clang
- built python library against above client
- started a local single-node cluster using a Kerberos KDC (MIT krb 1.13.2)
-- hit an issue with my hostname containing upper case letters. Filed as
KUDU-1942 but I wouldn't consider it a blocker since it's just a limitation
in a new feature instead of a regression.
-- changed my hostname to all lower case, and kerberos worked fine
- inserted a small table using 'kudu test loadgen'
- scanned the table using the Python client
- verified that the clients gave reasonable errors when I was not kinitted.
- ran the check_compatibility script against 1.2, it reported no
incompatibilities in the Java client.

Separately I've been doing a bunch of benchmarking of master (which is
fairly close to 1.3) which has involved 10+ billion rows inserted, etc, so
it gives me some confidence that the 1.3 RC is also pretty stable at the
tablet layer.

-Todd