Hi Todd,

Yes, Kudu Client tests all pass on 1.7.0 (although I tried it only once) and it
fails consistently on 1.7.1-RC1. Also I’m not convinced this would be a
test-only issue as none of these changes seem to have touched the tests between
the releases:

$ git log --oneline 1.7.0..1.7.1-RC1 -- java
ffc01ab72 (tag: 1.7.1-RC1) Bump version to 1.7.1 (non-SNAPSHOT)
f357fc211 java: fix a mistaken reference-equality check for BigDecimal
predicates
1e49ac8a9 KUDU-2416: Fix PartialRow.setMin and add a unit test
608b5a3d3 KUDU-2379. java: exportAuthenticationCredentials must connect to the
cluster
3d113b9b3 Bump version to 1.7.1-SNAPSHOT

Attila

> On 2018. May 9., at 20:13, Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
> Hey Attila,
>
> Is this a regression from 1.7.0 for you? If not, I don't think it should
> block the maintenance release. We can always do more maintenance releases
> to address further bugs.
>
> Additionally my guess is this is a test-only issue since ITClientStress
> does some strange stuff reaching into Netty internals.
>
> -Todd
>
> On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 10:52 AM, Attila Bukor <abu...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>
>> I made a mistake and ran the Java tests agains another binDir. With
>> 1.7.1-RC1 release build I actually have a Kudu Java Client error:
>>
>> Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 61.261 sec
>> - in org.apache.kudu.client.ITClient
>>
>> Results :
>>
>> Failed tests:
>>  ITClientStress.testManyShortClientsGeneratingScanTokens:99->runTasks:76
>> org.jboss.netty.channel.ChannelException: Failed to create a selector.
>>
>> Tests in error:
>>  ITClientStress.testMultipleSessions:134 ? Channel Failed to create a
>> selector.
>>
>> I think this should be addressed in 1.7.1, so I guess this makes it a -1,
>> although still non-binding of course.
>>
>> Attila
>>
>>> On 2018. May 9., at 18:03, Attila Bukor <abu...@cloudera.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> +1 (non-binding)
>>>
>>> Built on CentOS 7.3 in release mode as well. I had one C++ test failure
>> when I built this with Ninja due to it running "which ninja" and on this
>> machine it's called ninja-build. I was able to work around it by adding a
>> symlink called ninja to the $PATH, that way the actual tests passed too. As
>> Ninja is experimental, this is not a problem.
>>>
>>> mvn test verify in java/ succeeded without failures though.

>> TSAN.

>> 1.7.1,

>> candidate

>> in

>> staged

>> the

>> release_notes.adoc

>> building
>> be

>> linkedin.com/in/granthenke
>>>>>>>>>

> --
> Todd Lipcon
> Software Engineer, Cloudera

Attila Bukor | Senior Customer Operations Engineer | Apache Kudu SME
t. (650) 338-1011 <tel:+16503381011> t. +36 20 2833 421 <tel:+36202833421> e.
abu...@cloudera.com <mailto:abu...@cloudera.com>
cloudera.com <https://www.cloudera.com/>
 <https://www.cloudera.com/>
 <https://twitter.com/cloudera>  <https://www.facebook.com/cloudera>