+1

I built the C++ code in RELEASE mode on a CentOS 7.3 machine, and deployed
it in a CM-managed cluster with the HMS integration enabled. I tested out
some of the new features (adding a new master, adding columns via tooling,
changing replication factor) without hiccups. I ran the C++ tests as well
in slow mode, and found a few failures, but upon debugging found they were
environment issues (particularly those with an Apache HMS or Apache Ranger
instance).

I built the Java code and ran tests in the same environment. All passed,
except those whose setup mirrored the failing C++ tests (i.e. with an HMS),
and one other: ITClientStress, which failed with
'java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/kudu/client/AsyncKuduClient$3',
and was noted to be flaky with the same issue in the 1.14 release vote.

I also ran through some Java examples using the provided macOS binary jars
with no issues.

--
Andrew Wong