Karl,
Karl Hong wrote:

Khmer native numbering is supported, see the data file in,
http://l10n.openoffice.org/source/browse/l10n/i18npool/source/nativenumber/data/numberchar.h?rev=1.7&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup You should be able to show number in Khmer by selecting the language and the number format as '[NatNum1]0' under Format->Cells...->Numbers->Format code in StarCalc, if you have Khmer font to display the glyphs.

Thanks, Yes, it works quite well.... and I have been able to make some variations that permit the use of tousand separators and decimals, with [NatNum1]###.###,#

But I seem to have found an issue with the use of decimal separators. In this screenshoot you can see how the model is defined with a comma as a separator (as in the file, with character 2C, and the locale)... the editing dialog box shows the comma, but the cell itself inverts the thousand separator and the decimal separator.

See www.khmeros.info/ooo/issues/wrongperiod2.jpg
Our www.khmeros.info/ooo/issues/wrongperiod.jpg for English UI.

Is this an issue or something I am doing wrong?

If you want to setup Khmer number as pre-defined bullet/numbering, You can set it up in locale data km_KH.xml, you can see number type 12 is for native numbering in locale.dtd, take a look of hi_IN.xml and see how it sets for Hindi number bullet.

This is it. I see the first three entries in the US file, that had Arab numbers (4) have been replaced here by local language numbering (12), but other lines have been untouched. What do the other lines mean?

<LC_NumberingLevel>
<NumberingLevel Prefix=" " NumType="12" Suffix=")" />
<NumberingLevel Prefix=" " NumType="12" Suffix="." />
<NumberingLevel Prefix="(" NumType="12" Suffix=")" />
<NumberingLevel Prefix=" " NumType="2" Suffix="." />
<NumberingLevel Prefix=" " NumType="0" Suffix=")" />
<NumberingLevel Prefix=" " NumType="1" Suffix=")" />
<NumberingLevel Prefix="(" NumType="1" Suffix=")" />
<NumberingLevel Prefix=" " NumType="3" Suffix="." />
</LC_NumberingLevel>
<LC_OutLineNumberingLevel ref="en_US"/>

Thanks,

Javier