Hi Dan,

Dan Ohnesorg schreef:
Hi everyone,

I would like open again project, which seemed stopping after first announce,
even if all audience saw it as very good idea.

The most complete description of project is in Vojta's blog

http://blog.vojta.name/archives/2006/03/26/T15_29_40/

In short it is about collection words, which the OOo users has inserted into
private dictionaries. Collected words will be used to improve dictionaries
in future versions and in some countries, where is no dictionary yet, this
method can be used to build the dictionary.

We have now technology preview and we are seeking for feedback. For people
which will say, this functionality is missing, this one is too complicated
and so on....

So please check it out, diskuss it and help to make decision, if it will be
official OOo project included in some future version like DicOOo and
FontOOo.

I am not only involved in nl.openoffice.org but also in the OpenTaal project, which aims to develop free linguistics resources for the Dutch language. I think this software would be very useful, especially because this way you get words that are actually used by the target audience of the spell checking word lists :)

I have some thoughts on the technology preview. First, I'm not sure if anonymous contributions should be allowed. Without a real name and contact information it may be too difficult to establish if the information is properly contributed according to the license agreement.

Second, it might be useful if the contributor could provide additional information about the words, especially whether they are specific terminology (medical, legal, technical...).

What kind of software do you use on the server, can we have a look at it?

--
Vriendelijke groet, Simon Brouwer.
| nl.openoffice.org | www.opentaal.org |