Dear developers,

I would like to draw your attention to Issue 68729 (link below), which
is regression from Issue 1035. Issue 1035 suggests to implement
enhancement to OO, that will make language setting for typed text set to
current input locale (keyboard setting). Competition does this since at
least 1997.

The fact that currently OO is not doing this is showstopper for
spellcheck in multilanguage documents - there is no way to explain to
user why he/she should specify text language twice - first when typing
(and selecting input layout), second by applying correct language to
already typed text. Without this words in non-default language will not
be spell-checked.

Please express your points of view of this issue.

We don't have a Catalan keyboard so we use an Spanish or French
keyboard to type text in Catalan. In Windows, for example, there's a
Catalan keyboard but it's just a simply alias for the Spanish one.

How this issue can affect the Catalan community?

Regards,

--
Jesús Corrius
http://www.corrius.org/bloc/