>Anyway, changing the text language according to the system keyboard
 >language will upset all the people that write in English on localized
 >OSes (like me). That's a bad idea.

That is too absolute a statement. :-)
For example, I often write texts in Bulgarian interspersed with GUI element
names in English. For me auto switching of the language when I switch keyboard
layouts is a good thing because I can avoid tuning on the "Check spelling in
all languages" option which is slower than the normal single language
spellchecking.
So may be the wiser thing to propose is to make the behavior optional (and turn
it off by default if people like me are a minority).

Greetings,
Mikhail Balabanov