On 10/01/2007, at 10:03 PM, Kazunari Hirano wrote:

On 1/10/07, Clytie Siddall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
XLIFF is already the standard in professional translation, ...
Is this true?  How did you know that?

As far as I know, this is certainly the case. I have often seen it mentioned in professional translation context, but I don't have a reference ready. OASIS (oasis.org) will probably have all the info needed.