Hi all,

My name is Jia Yanmin, a Ph.D. of Open System & Chinese Information
Processing Center, Institute of Software, Chinese Academy of Sciences. I'm
going to launch a localization project for Tibetan.

Funded by 863 Hi-Tech Research and Development Program of China, we
developed an office suite supporting Tibetan, based on OpenOffice.org in the
last 3 years. Many exclusive features of Tibetan, such as linebeaking
behavior, is supported correctly. But this system use China ongoing Tibetan
character set standard, not Unicode, to encoding Tibetan text. Now both
Uniscribe in Vista and ICU include CTL (Complex Text LayoutEngine) for
Tibetan. And so it's good time to develop a real Tibetan OpenOffice.org.

The Tibetan script is used in serval countries and regions throughout the
Himalayas. Aside from China Tibet itself, the script is used in Ladakh,
Nepal, and northern areas of India bordering Tibet where large
Tibetan-speaking populations now reside. The Tibetan script is also used in
Bhutan to write Dzongkha, the official language of that country. Our work
mainly focus on Tibetan used in Tibet.

The necessary information adding Tibetan to OpenOffice.org is as following:

Language ISO Code: bo
Country ISO Code: CN
Microsoft locale ID: 0451(Hex)

I'm not sure if the above information is sufficient.

Any advice will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Jia Yanmin