I would tend to use Kbabel on Linux and Po Edit on Windows. Pootling off-line editor stable 0.2 will be released in July.

Javier

Jean-Christophe Helary wrote

On 31 mai 07, at 03:39, Alessandro Cattelan wrote:

Hi,
I'll be working on the Italian translation for OOo 2.3. For the GUI
translation we'll be using Pootle whereas for the translation of the
online help we'll be using a PO editor.

Ale,

Is this the file you mentioned on l4t ? If yes, I was not aware that the .sdf files converter produced broken PO. Maybe reporting that as a bug would be better than trying to find a PO editor that works with broken files :)

And I forgot to mention that emacs has a PO mode, but I've not used it in a long time so I don't know if it's worth it.

Regarding using the TMX: convert it to PO with a few regex and use the gettext tools to incorporate it to your current PO file. That way you won't need a TMX fuzzy "matcher". But I really think using PO dedicated tools for translation is a waste of resource. There are plenty of CAT tools that will leverage your TMX and parse your PO. But you need to get the PO fixed first, if possible.

JC

I don't have much experience with PO editors as I've only tried for a
short time software such as poEdit, Kbabel and Gtranslator.

I'd like to know if you have any suggestion as to which PO editor to choose.

It would be very important for me to be able to import or reuse a TMX
file I have. Is there any tool that would let me do that with a PO
editor?

Thanks.
--Alessandro