Il giorno mer, 06/06/2007 alle 23.22 +0200, Andreas Pauley ha scritto:

> Alessandro Cattelan wrote:
> > Hi,
> > does any of you know whether there are tools that allow to count words
> > to be translated in PO files? Something like AnyCount or the analysis
> > tool in Trados.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ale.
> >

> You can use pocount, it is part of the translate toolkit.
>
> http://translate.sourceforge.net/
> http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/pocount
>
> Regards,
> Andreas

It doesn't seem to work as I expected on my files... I have a set of PO
files converted into PO format from SDF and if I run pocount on them I
get the following total result:

TOTAL:
type           strings words (source) words (translation)
translated:    1462      19967           21182
fuzzy:            3         18             n/a
untranslated:     1          0             n/a
Total:         1466      19985           21182

As you can see, it seems that there are no untranslated words whereas
most of those words have yet to be translated. I understand that pocount
counts the words in msgid and compares that number to the words in
msgstr. It doesn't check whether the words in msgstr are exactly the
same as in msgid and therefore need to be translated.

Am I missing something or is that the default and correct behaviour?

Ale.