This are the types of issues XLIFF was created for. PO files do not have standard structures for this type of information. You might be able to do hacks on PO... but they will work only with your own system.

XLIFF manages "phases". A phase is a period of work done by a single actor (translator, reviewer, approver). The XLIFF file can record which is the last phase a single string went through last.

A file that has been fully approved has all its strings marked as approved. When it is updated, the new strings are marked as empty, and then, when they are translated, as "translated" (logical, isn't it :-) ).

When it comes to review again the updated file in which the new strings have been translated, the reviewer knows exactly which and how many strings he has to review (or pay).

If we translate 4 new strings in a 1,000 string file, reviewing 3 instead of 1,000 really makes a difference...

Javier

Alexandro Colorado wrote
Hi guys

I want to know if I can tell who has translated which string from pootle.
I would like to know this so I can identify the volume of translation each
user has done. Currently I dont find much tools as far as user mangement
goes.

Also I have the issue where my language lead needs to review the current
transaltions that we did on this cycle and we can't tell which were
translated before and which were translated right now.

Thanks for the information.