Hi Alexandro,

It is not possible to do that on Pootle.  This has been a request from a
number of people so we have decided to prioritise this for our following
Pootle release.  First most probably the basics of tracking who did what
which would allow more fine-grained per user stats as well as the
ability to do things like "show me all the translations dwayne did after
2007-01-01".  It would be wonderful if you are able to help us spec that
feature.

Our current work has been focused on bug fixing and performance.  So
people might have been disappointed with the slow progress on cool
features, but we feel that performance is critical to address for
especially large installation like OOo.  We've ported to the
libgettextpo and we're working on performance for XLIFF at the moment.

Javier is correct in his email that XLIFF has better support for this
information at a translation unit level, but of course you still need to
be able to use, store and manipulate that information.  Pootle works
with both types of files XLIFF and PO seamlessly, so it is possible to
track that information on Pootle.  I wouldn't want to hack PO just store
data parallel to the file, in the same way that we currently store
statistics.  XLIFF of course allows this information to be stored in the
file so that an offline editor can also update that meta information.

On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 11:38 -0500, Alexandro Colorado wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> I want to know if I can tell who has translated which string from pootle.
> I would like to know this so I can identify the volume of translation each
> user has done. Currently I dont find much tools as far as user mangement
> goes.
>
> Also I have the issue where my language lead needs to review the current
> transaltions that we did on this cycle and we can't tell which were
> translated before and which were translated right now.
>
> Thanks for the information.

Dwayne Bailey
Translate.org.za

+27-12-460-1095 (w)