On 11/01/2008, at 12:32 PM, Javier SOLA wrote:

Vladimir,

It looks much better, but I still detect some issues (the same as in Pavel's build).

Some of the help bookmarks (subject entries at the left of the help window) are not translated.

I have checked with the SDF file and they are translated in the file.

The interesting thing is that one entry (line) in the SDF file contains several bookmarks. I see cases in which some of the entries in one SDF line show translated and some will NOT have been translated. The line is fully translated in the SDF file.

I have a couple of screenshots that show what looks translated and what does not, in case anybody wants to compare if they get exactly the same results...

http://www.khmeros.info/ooo/issues/help_screenshot_1_110108.jpg
http://www.khmeros.info/ooo/issues/help_screenshot_2_110108.jpg

I have also uploaded an extract fom a line in SDF (same line in English and Khmer). It has 12 bookmarks, all translated. The first 9 are translated correctly in the help, and the last three are in English. I have checked that the translation of the last three are not in the help (in case both English and Khmer had been integrated). It is in

http://www.khmeros.info/ooo/issues/localized_bookmarks_khmer.pdf

I have noticed that the last three entries do NOT have a space after the ";" in the source and in the target. This is the only difference I can see, as the XML seems to be correct.

I enquired about this at one stage, since it appeared to be a stylistic aberration, but I'm told you can have a space, or not, depending on your mood. :S

And searching more.... another SDF line

helpcontent2 source\text\shared\guide\background.xhp 0 help bm_id3149346 0 en-US \<bookmark_value\>backgrounds; defining colors/pictures\</ bookmark_value\>
\<bookmark_value\>paragraphs; backgrounds\</bookmark_value\>
\<bookmark_value\>text;  backgrounds\</bookmark_value\>
\<bookmark_value\>colors; backgrounds\</bookmark_value\>
\<bookmark_value\>pictures; backgrounds\</bookmark_value\>
\<bookmark_value\>pages; backgrounds in spreadsheets\</bookmark_value \>
\<bookmark_value\>spreadsheets; backgrounds\</bookmark_value\>
\<bookmark_value\>tables; backgrounds\</bookmark_value\>
\<bookmark_value\>cells; backgrounds\</bookmark_value\>
\<bookmark_value\>watermarks\</bookmark_value\>
\<bookmark_value\>adding;backgrounds\</bookmark_value\>
\<bookmark_value\>text, see also text documents, paragraphs and characters\</bookmark_value\> 2002-02-02 02:02:02

Also the last three (of 12) have problems... and amazingly, only half of the last bookmark is translated, the word "text" is in English and the rest in Khmer.

Intriguing...

Javier

If this happens to our translation, after struggling through all those crazily-formatted Help files, I shall — well, unfortunately I'm now physically incapable of throwing things or even screaming, but I'll think of something!

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n