when is the delivery date for the first handover?

On Wed, 30 Jan 2008 08:55:41 -0600, Rafaella Braconi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Dear Translators/Localizers,

we are ready to start working for the next major release :-) .

You have done an incredible great job for 2.x and I look forward to work
with all of you on the localization of OpenOffice.org 3.0.

Let me share with you some information regarding translation schedule
and estimated volume we will need to localize

*Release schedule for OpenOffice.org 3.0 release:*
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OOoRelease30
*
Final Translation Delivery Date:*
April 3rd, 2008

*Estimated New/Changed Translation Volume for 3.0 - 1st handoff*
GUI + Help: 20,000 words (compared to a full localized 2.4 OOo version)

*Languages Uploaded to Pootle (sunvirtuallab):*
http://www.sunvirtuallab.com:32300/projects/openoffice_org/

*Translation Schedule for Pootle Users:*
There will be 3 handovers:
1st Translation Handover: January 30th - YOU CAN START WORKING :-)
2nd Translation Handover: February 20th
3rd Translation Handover: March 13th

IMPORTANT: before each handover it is important that complete translated
files are uploaded to Pootle. It is NOT important that you translate
everything but please make sure you upload all you have translated so
far to Pootle (otherwise you may risk to lose the translated content or
to overwrite the content of the second handoff with old translation).
After the Pootle content gets updated with the second handoff you'll
need to go to Pootle and download the files you want to translate.

I will send out reminders when the second and third translation handover
dates are approaching.

Best Regards,

Alexandro Colorado
CoLeader of OpenOffice.org ES