Hi Rafaella,

I support your idea.

To be honest, I really want the place to share and discuss
the translation tools and process as soon as possible.
Now I am holding my post about Pootle until the discussion
is finished.  Going through the Pootle process first time,
I have a lot of findings, feedback, suggestion I want to share.

Regards,

-Reiko

Rafaella Braconi wrote:
Dear All,

despite my initial assumption that the traffic on Pootle and various tools would decrease, I must admit that this hasn't happened. I take it as a sign that there is a a great need to share best practices and to propose features, work flows and tools which can make the localizer's life much easier.

I'm still convinced that we do not need a *Pootle* only mailing list, and this because Pootle is not the only tool we are using to localize OOo. What I am proposing here is actually what Olivier Hallot suggested during our last l10n meeting on IRC: to set up a translation tool list where to discuss all tool related topics. Just to clarify: translation schedules and deadlines will still be posted to the [EMAIL PROTECTED] list which is to be considered the main discussion list of the l10n project. But information and discussion on Pootle and its functionality will be moved there (I am quite sure some people will be happy about that).

If I get your support, I will go ahead and set up a [EMAIL PROTECTED] list - discussion list on translation tools and workflows.

Kind Regards,

Reiko Saito
Japanese Language Lead
Translation Language and Information Services (TLIS)
Globalization Services
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone: +81 3 5962 4912